You are the Great Giver, the great and almighty God; I have come to beg a gift from You. ||3||
gurprswidAigAwnuibnwsYAnidnujwgYvyKYscusoie ]1] rhwau ]
gurparasaadhagiaanbinaasaianadhinjaagaivaekhaisachsoe ||1|| rehaao ||
By Guru’s Grace, ignorance is dispelled; one then remains wakeful, night and day, and beholds the True Lord. ||1||Pause||
Starting Friday, January 13ththere will be a 15-week intense course on simran. Simran (meditation) is the process of stopping our thoughts, the prerequisite to break the cycle of life and death.
This first 15-week course will one of four taking place at Wheaton Gurudwaraand is a mandatory prerequisite for the next course. The first 15 weeks will be on how to stop your thoughts. The second course will be on how to separate the Mind from the Pavan. Two additional courses may be held after the second session for advanced students.
This course are for who are serious about simran and want to being the process of cleaning the mind. The course will be taught in English with gurmat and gurbani supplements. It is open to all faiths and anyone who wants to learn the Dharma of Such as taught by the Siri Guru GranthSahib. The course, if needed, can also be taken online with special permission. Most of the simran sessions and every lecture will be broadcast through the Internet. Further details will be discussed via email to those who would like to sign up.
Below is the subjects that will be taught as part of your syllabus and we would request that anyone who would like to participate and learn about the subjects discussed below to please sign up for the class.
– Why are we separate from God?
– What is Maya
– What are the 2 forms of Maya
– What are the 5 elements
– What are the 3 qualities of Maya
– What is the guru of Maya
– What causes your thoughts
– Where is the Ira and Pingla
– What is the Bhavsagar
– What is the first step in crossing the Bhavsagar
– What is the Lekha
– What is JeevanJaj
– Who is in our spiritual family
– How a gurmukh lives in maya
– How a gurmukhtakes thoughts
– How to do saasgraassimran
– What is brahmagan
– What is agansaagar
– How to understand the agan of the family.
– What is aganbimpoanakebani
– Understanding the fire of the womb
– What is durmatmael
– How a manmukh lives
– What is the game of day and night
– Where a gurmukh goes at night
– How a mumukh goes to sleep
– How the mind gets deceived
– Where is the trekhuti
– Understanding what is BhakriBani
– Understanding how to Jap
– What is aJapa Jap
– How to keep the mind in the body
– How to cross the 5 elements
– How to work in the world and do simran
– Understanding nirgun and sirgun
– Understanding the 3 loks of maya
– Why is there a conflict in the family/world/body.
– What is the difference between sangah, sat sangat and sadhsangat.
– What isdhyaan,surti, chit,budh and mat.
– What is the path of liv and dhat.
– Who is kaal.
– Who are the 5 doots and what form do they take.
– What is gurshabad,gurmantra, gurbani, bani guru,
– How do we create karma
– How issanjog and vijogcreated
– Understanding usthath and ninda
– Understanding life and death.
– What is sargunsaroop of Waheguru.
– How to play the game of love
Learning about the rehat of the mind.
– No ego
– No animosity/duality
– No slander or backbiting
– Not caring what other people think of your path to God.
What do you need for this course?
– You need a notebook and a pen.
– You need to attend Friday night lecture in person and you can join the simran virtually online with a high- speed Internet connection.
How to Register for the Course
****YOU MUST REGISTER BY JANUARY,29****
Course Timings (Central Time)
Fridays: 7:00 – 9:00 PM Simran
9:00 to 9:30 Lecture (STUDENTS MUST ATTEND)
Tuesdays: 7:30 – 9:30 PM Simran
Sundays: 7:30 – 9:30 AM Simran
How to Attend the Course
The course will be held virtually on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays via Ustream.tv This is to accommodate the diverse locations of our sangat. All broadcasts will be available at: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mysimran-info
To access the course you will need computer with high-speed Internet access. You can also attend the class via the Ustream app on iPhones and Android phones to attend the class. Registration on Ustream.tv is not required to view the video.You must take notes so please bring a pen and notebook to each lecture.
Should you miss a class, the lectures will be made available on youtube.com. Information for accessing these videos will be provided at that time.
Homework & Assignments
Students will be required to do the following to succeed in the class:
- 3 hours of simran each day
- Students will receive an assignment each Friday at the end of the lecture. All assignments must be submitted by Sunday.
Please submit your assignments to firstname.lastname@example.org on Sundays. When submitting please title your emails, “Name – Week 1 Assignment”. Example, “Aman Bagga – Week 1 Assignment”.
Where to Get Information
All assignments, announcements, documents and communication will be posted on www.mysimran.info. Please be active in checking the website to stay on top of your workload.
Your First Assignment
- Add www.mysimran.info as a favorite in your web-browser.
- Like our Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/mysimraninfo/240061382706162
- Create a daily schedule for yourself. This schedule should outline your entire day and should include the requisite 3 hours of simran. You can find an example schedule here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AipsBNPj-s28dFN3T1lpV001M2xua3NVbWtDaXlqWGc
- You mustregister for the course by January, 29.
ijnjipAwiek min iekiciqiqnlQwhaumYBwru ]
jinjapiaaeik man eikchith thin lathhaahoumaibhaar ||
Those who chant and meditate on Him, who single-mindedly focus their consciousness on Him, are rid of the burden of their ego
For any further questions please contact:
For more information: