Registration for the August 2019 simran camps being held at Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara in Slough, UK is now open. Please read this carefully and ensure you follow the instructions fully.
Information on the camp registration and travel information is found below.
The dates are:
- Children (Ages 8 – 12) & Youth Camps (Ages 13 – 25): Saturday, August 3rd – Wednesday, August 7th
- Main Camp (All Sangat): Friday, August 9th – Tuesday, August 13th
Sangat is encouraged to book travel to take advantage of all of the above programs.
Travel Registration Process:
All sangat must register for these camps. Before you access the form below, please ensure you have: name, address, phone number, date of birth, photo ID (Picture of passport/photo driving licence), email (primary contact only), arrival/departure flight information for each person you are registering. Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation email. Then within a few days, the UK Sevadars will send you a second email which confirms your registration. That email also includes links to documents that you will need for your travel. The on-line form can be found here (click). Flying to Heathrow (LHR): Heathrow (LHR) is closest to the Gurdwara and is the normal airport for sangat flights. Travel between Heathrow and the Gurdwara is the responsibility of sangat. City buses, taxis, and Uber are all options for travel.
Flying to Gatwick (LGW): Gatwick (LGW) is farther from the Gurdwara and travel could be more than 2 hours depending on traffic. Train, city buses, taxis, and Uber are all options for travel.
In arranging your own travel from the airport to the Gurdwara, please make sure you have the correct address of the Gurdwara which is Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara, 221 Bath Rd, Slough SL1 4BA, UK.
Please note the following:
- There will be many sangat attending this camp from all over the world. Please remember that you are a guest of the UK sangat who will do their very best to make your stay as rewarding as possible.
- Please observe all the rules, a copy of which you will be given upon arrival.
- To speed up the arrival process, name tags will be pre-printed for you as long as the UK sevadars have all the information including your name, arrival date/time, departure date/time.
- Keep all your personal belongings including passports, travel documents, and electronics in your luggage. Do not leave them in the open where they may be lost or misplaced.
- Please bring your own towels and toiletries.
- Your laundry can be cleaned while you are at the Gurdwara however please recognize that this is done as seva and as such, the turn around time may be longer because of the amount of sangat staying there.
- Those with special dietary needs will be happily accommodated.
- For families with small children, milk and other special food will be provided if requested.
- There are grocery stores and other shopping close by the Gurdwara along with parks and walking areas. Just ask the UK sevadars for directions.
- A detailed schedule of simran and diwans as well as a daily schedule for meals etc. will be provided and posted in the main lobby.