- This event has passed.
Naam Simran and Akath Katha camp (updated)
June 21 @ 7:00 pm - June 23 @ 4:00 pm
Special simran/Akath Katha program:
How can I hear God’s voice?
All sangat invited and encouraged to attend!
Location: Gurdwara Sahib of San Jose, 3636 Gurdwara Avenue, San Jose, CA 95148, USA
Friday, June 21st: 7:00PM-9:00PM
Saturday, June 22nd: 9:00AM-9:00PM
Sunday, June 23rd: 9:00AM-4:00PM
For this camp, limited accommodations and rides will be provided by the Bay Area sangat. If you are planning to attend, please book your travel to arrive on Friday, June 21st and to depart on Sunday, June 23rd (after the end of the program).
- Sangat is encouraged to book flights as soon as possible to these airports: San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), or Oakland (OAK). Please book your flight to arrive on Friday, June 21st and to depart on Sunday, June 23rd. Accommodations outside those dates will be your responsibility.
- Airport pick-ups/drop-offs will be provided by the local sangat. You can request these during the camp registration process.
- If you intend on sight seeing before/after the camp, Sangat is encouraged to rent a car.
- Up to 200 sangat can be accommodated at the Gurdwara. Now that registration is open, accommodations will be assigned on a first-come/first-served basis. As well, a limited number of host families will also provide accommodation. A list of recommended hotels is provided below in the event that sangat cannot be accommodated or for extended stays.
- Motel 6 San Jose South – 2560 Fontaine Rd, US 101/Bayshore Freeway at Tully Road East, San Jose, CA 95121-2131
- Days Inn by Wyndham San Jose Convention Center – 4170 Monterey Hwy, San Jose, CA 95111-3627
- Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley – 399 Silicon Valley Blvd San Jose, San Jose, CA 95138-1858
- Extended Stay America – San Jose – Edenvale – South – 1215 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95110-3429
- Extended Stay America – San Jose – Edenvale – North – 6199 San Ignacio Ave, San Jose, CA 95119-1389
Sangat requiring accommodations/transportation for the camp are asked to register. If there are multiple people travelling together and arriving at the same date and time, please register as a family. Otherwise, each person arriving at a different time requires their own registration. Before you register, please have the following information for all people travelling with you:
- Date of birth
- Arrival and departure time
- Airport, airline, and flight numbers for arrival/departure
Ready? Click the button: Register!